Advanced vegetation analysis course aims to develop students’ ability to process vegetation data. The course includes several advanced analytic procedures of vegetation science,
(1) pattern recognition of vegetation types
(2) multivariate analyses of vegetation data
(3) vegetation classification
(4) species distribution modeling and analyses of vegetation dynamics.
In this course, I will introduce most of the modern techniques applied in vegetation science and the students will have the chance to analyse big data sets of Taiwan Vegetation Database (National Vegetation Diversity Inventory and Mapping Project; NVDIMP).
- Wildi, O. (2017). Data Analysis in Vegetation Ecology. 3rd Edi. CABI. 352pp. URL
- Borcard, D., Gillet, F. and Legendre, P (2011) Numerical Ecology With R. Springer-Verlag, New York. 306pp. URL
- Mucina, L. (2018) Vegetation Survey and Classification of Subtropical Forests of Southern Africa. Springer-Verlag, New York. 236 pp.